A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Welcome to Dwerg Saga and a world of deep storytelling. Guide your clan of Dwergs as they establish a new home in the untamed wilderness. Watch as they forge friendships, sing tales of their forefathers, suffer the pangs of unrequited love, take up arms and seek adventure wherever you take them.
Inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Dwerg Saga aims to create dramatic and believable stories from the interactions between Dwergs, their environment and what they build. Dwerg Saga is being designed with usability as a key feature so it's easy to pick up and play.
This will be the persistent, shared-universe version of Dwerg Saga. When you connect to a cloud game, the world is specific to your real-world location. Other players in the same location can play in the same world at the same time and whatever you build will still be there when you come back to that location. This game is available to $3-tier Patreon supporters for free. The demo, local version of Dwerg Saga is available for Windows and Mac.
The Cloud Service has been disabled until funding goals are achieved.
Hi and thanks for visiting! I'm Jock and I've been programming computer games since I was 12 years old. I worked professionally in the games industry for nine years and subsequently for eight years as a software engineer developing iOS and Android apps. I started working on Dwerg Saga in my spare time in December 2017 and left my job to work on it full time in September 2019.
What I am working on currently and for the next month or so:
- Building materials - Done
- First workshop - Done
- Items from workshops - Done
- Risk and reward progression - In progress
- First storylet
- Combat - In progress
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Tags||2D, dwarf-fortress, Massively multiplayer, Multiplayer, Procedural Generation, Real time strategy, Roguelike, Sandbox, tile-based, Top-Down|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- January 2021 - Week 71 - Inventoried4 days ago
- January 2021 - Week 70 - Workshopping11 days ago
- December 2020 - Week 69 - Short Update18 days ago
- December 2020 - Week 68 - More Combat25 days ago
- December 2020 - Week 67 - Combat32 days ago
- December 2020 - Week 66 - Tangents39 days ago
- December 2020 - Week 65 - A playlist46 days ago
- November 2020 - Week 64 - Copperpede Cavern52 days ago