Why exactly is this 100 USD? I might be astronomically idiotic, but is it an inside joke?
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Welcome to Dwerg Saga and a world of deep storytelling. Guide your clan of Dwergs as they establish a new home in the untamed wilderness. Watch as they forge friendships, sing tales of their forefathers, suffer the pangs of unrequited love, take up arms and seek adventure wherever you take them.
Inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Dwerg Saga aims to create dramatic and believable stories from the interactions between Dwergs, their environment and what they build. Dwerg Saga is being designed with usability as a key feature so it's easy to pick up and play.
This is the persistent, shared-universe version of Dwerg Saga. When you connect to a cloud game, the world is specific to your real-world location. Other players in the same location can play in the same world at the same time and whatever you build will still be there when you come back to that location. This game is available to $3-tier Patreon supporters for free. The free, local version of Dwerg Saga is available for Windows and Mac.
Players outside of Europe will experience too high a lag for cloud games to be playable. This will be addressed in a future update.
Hi and thanks for visiting! I'm Jock and I've been programming computer games since I was 12 years old. I worked professionally in the games industry for nine years and subsequently for eight years as a software engineer developing iOS and Android apps. I started working on Dwerg Saga in my spare time in December 2017 and left my job to work on it full time in September 2019.
What I am working on currently and for the next month or so:
- Write a short story; the prologue to the game
- Write the first interactive in-game story
|Updated||11 days ago|
|Tags||2D, dwarf-fortress, Massively multiplayer, Multiplayer, Procedural Generation, Real time strategy, Roguelike, Sandbox, tile-based, Top-Down|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $100 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- January 2020 - Week 17 - De-confuse, shaders and mining11 days ago
- January 2020 - Week 16 - Happy New Release18 days ago
- Version 0.6.0.018 days ago
- December 2019 - Week 15 - Teach and Entertain25 days ago
- First steps in the first tutorial and story32 days ago
- December 2019 - Week 14 - Scripting The Tutorial32 days ago
- December 2019 - Week 13 - Prologue Cancelled38 days ago
- December 2019 - Week 12 - Prologue Pains45 days ago